Monday, May 9, 2011

Type Portraits


For this project in Illustrator, we had to create three different portraits using typography. I chose one photo and then created the different portraits from that. The first image is my original photo, a picture of me, and the next one is the shape portrait, then the line portrait, and lastly the value portrait. The space portrait was made from different characters, altering their size and style and distorting them so they create the look of my face while still maintaining their character. For the line portrait, I used lyrics from a song to create the basic outlines and features of my face, once again changing the font and size, as well as kerning. For the value portrait, I used the lyrics of a song again to create the features of my face, this time by creating different values. I created the shape of the area I was working on by using the pen tool and then filled the area with text. I altered the text to try and create depth and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment