Monday, May 9, 2011

Dreamscape

Before:

After:


Our next project on Photoshop was to create a dreamscape. I thought this was a fun project to do. One of my first ideas was to incorporate some kind of image inside a bubble because I thought that seemed rather surreal and dreamlike. My dreamscape is a collaboration of some of my favorite things. I used the beach as the primary background and then created a world of both real and fantasy. The girl blowing bubbles represents a sense of childhood and a favorite pastime of mine. The bubbles lead into a larger bubble that shows a memory of my boyfriend and me making faces. There are shadows of my friend and me on the sand that exhibit a sense of fun. I placed a mermaid on top of the ocean to bring fantasy into real world. The sky is composed of the sunset from the original picture as well as a rollercoaster, once again creating a fun, surrealistic feel. I also added the blue sky color to create more of a dream feel. I have the Disney castle on the horizon because I like castles and I like Disney movies and I felt this too created a surrealistic idea. I like to have fun and act like a kid so the images I used are symbolic of that. Life can be a thrill and it can be fun and your imagination can take you anywhere and that’s what this dreamscape represents.

No comments:

Post a Comment